1. Start your day with a positive, uplifting message. What’s the first thing you do in the morning? For me, it’s usually rolling over, groggy-eyed, rolling over and checking my phone. Oh, you too? As much as we try to convince ourselves that that’s not the case, we all know good and well that thanks to technology, this is becoming the case for pretty much everyone. So if you’re reaching over to check your instagram, put your alarm on snooze, text messages or emails, why not try this as well?
Put a positive photo or message on your phone background or on your alarm to make sure that you see it and start your day in a positive way. Team up with a bestie and commit to sending each other a positive, uplifting text every morning.
2. Look your best, feel your best. When I’m rushed in the morning and running out without feeling like I look my best, I usually don’t feel my best. Confidence comes within, but sometimes it starts with your appearance. Spending a quick ten minutes to apply some quick makeup, and putting together a nice outfit helps me feel my best, and ready to take on the day. A full face of makeup is often unnecessary. Try a few, quick, moisturizing products with SPF to protect, hydrate your skin and give you a glow. Throw on a few coats of mascara and a quick bold lip color for an easy to way to look polished. Pick out your clothes + shoes the night before to save yourself some time in the morning. (WATCH: My Everyday Makeup Routine)
3. Get moving. Stretching your arms, legs, back, shoulders and other parts of your body – even for 5 minutes – improves blood circulation and helps you to ward off nasty aches and pains during the day.
If you can go full on exercise mode and work out for 30 minutes, please do so. Exercising in the morning increases your productivity and kicks up your endorphins, making you feel more awake and ready to tackle your day. Working out can increase your mental clarity for four to 10 hours post-exercise.
4. Eat breakfast. Just. Please. Eat. Breakfast. Jump start your day with a healthy and satisfying breakfast in the morning. Supercharge your energy, get those mind juices flowing, and remember – no one likes you when you’re hangry. If you find yourself constantly rushing in the morning, stack up on fresh fruit that’s easy to carry (apples, peaches, pears, etc.) and granola bars. Grab and go.
If you’ve got a few minutes, blend up a green smoothie and drink it on the way to work. I love to put kale, spinach, high-fiber granola, plain non-fat greek yogurt, frozen strawberries and some almond milk together for a delicious, healthy and high-protein way to start my day.
5. Spice up your shower routine.
Showers don’t have to be a drag – they’re the main event that I look most forward to every day. I love the process of feeling clean, relaxed and rejuvenated, but I also love the opportunity to be silly, dance since no one’s watching, have a little fun and sing in the shower to my favorite songs. But the best part about showering in the morning?
You get to smell damn good all day.
When it comes to body wash, I stick with clean, fresh and light scents. I had the opportunity to try out the new method foaming body wash, and my favorite scent was cucumber mint.
Light, clean, refreshing, NOT overpowering, and thanks to the foam – no lather or loofa necessary.
The entire line of new method foaming body wash is sold exclusively at Target through October. Click here to try + explore the other delicious scents!
Thank you so much for reading this post. What do you do in the morning to help you seize the day? Leave a comment and share with our community below!